Driver’s education through Sublette BOCES administers the “in care” portion (6 hours) of the driver’s education program as well as the classroom instruction (30 hours). Benefits of taking this class may result in lower automobile insurance premiums and the ability to obtain full driving privileges at the age of sixteen and a half rather than at seventeen. Successfully completing this class may waive the driving test at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Most importantly, the education and practice of good driving skills keeps our students safe.
Currently Sublette BOCES offers this course two times a year (Spring and Fall) to meet the demands of our future young drivers. Please check our classes page for upcoming sessions and look at our calendar for schedules and times. Registration for these classes typically begins 60 days prior to classes starting. Click here to Register.
For the most current information regarding permits and licenses can be located at the Wyoming Department of Transportation.
After successful completion of the Driver’s Education course
- Students are issued a certificate showing they have completed all Driver Education requirements.
- Obtain the Intermediate License within two years of course completion.
- Follow restrictions of GDL for at least six months without any violations.
- Complete fifty hours of behind the wheel driving, ten of which must be night time hours as certified by a parent or legal guardian.
- Full Driving Privileges may be obtained after meeting the above requirements and at least 16.5 years of age. This is your final trip to the DMV. (Proof of identity and parent must accompany minor.)
Spring Driver’s Education 2017
Please find the schedule below for class dates and times:
Monday, May 22nd – 3:30-6:30 P.M
Tuesday, May 23rd – 3:30 – 6:30 PM
Wednesday, May 24th – 3:30 – 6:30 PM
Thursday, May 25th – 3:30- 6:30 PM
Friday, May 26th – 1:30 – 7:00 PM
Saturday, May 27th – 7 AM – NOON
Monday, May 29th – NO CLASS – Memorial Day
Tuesday, May 30th – 3:30-6:30 PM
Wednesday, May 31st – 3:30-6:30 PM
Thursday, June 1st – 3:30-6:30 PM
Friday, June 2nd – 1:30- 5:30 PM (Graduation Night)
Monday, June 5th – 3:30-6:30 PM (Make-up Class)