TITLE: Early Childhood Educator
REPORTS TO: Director of Early Childhood Education Program at BOCES
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in Early Childhood Education, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent is preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Rate of pay $15/hour or more depending on experience, limited benefits. At-Will Employment Position. 195 days/ year. Full-time.
JOB SUMMARY: The Early Childhood Educator collaborates closely with all other members of the program team to provide nurturing care and education to young children in a group setting, under the supervision of the Early Care and Education Director; in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the center and the philosophy and policies of the agency.
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children.
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and positive child behavior management techniques
- Shares in the responsibility for planning, preparing and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
- Participates fully and consistently as a conscientious team member in caring for the children and in the overall operation of the program and center; maintains regular and open communication with program team members and all other co-workers
- Establishes and maintains regular communication with parents
- Ensures the program operates at all times in compliance with all child care licensing standards
- Must know and implement: Center routines and practices
- Observes and records relevant information on each child’s progress as required/as per Center practices
- Attends and participates actively in all program/center, parental or other meetings as required
- Shares responsibility for maintaining program equipment in good repair; assists with toy/equipment disinfecting
- Shares responsibility for maintaining the play environments and storage areas in an organized and clutter-free condition
- Participates in regular fire drills and other emergency procedures
- Engages in positive collaboration with the other programs and early childhood educators
- Participates in ongoing professional development and attends/maintains all mandatory training
- Participates in the supervision, training and mentoring of students
- Assists the Center Director in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by promptly reporting any existing and/or potential workplace hazards
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Center Director or her/his designate
The Job Application can be found on our website: www.subletteboces.com under “forms” following the Quicklink, or picked up in the office at 665 N. Tyler.
Please submit resume, application, questionnaire, 2 letters of recommendation and 3 references to:
email@example.com or mail or drop applications off to:
665 N. Tyler St.
P.O. Box 977
Pinedale, WY 82941
Open until filled.