Sublette BOCES building is going through some renovations but that isn’t slowing down our youth classes. With the help of the Pinedale Aquatic Center and the Sublette County Library, we’ve been able to keep our 4-5 PM classes running smoothly including our ever popular You Choose Tuesday. Between awesome kids, fantastic instructors, fun and educational classes, and excellent locations we can’t lose!
We are closing in on the end of summer and that means Sublette BOCES will be offering youth classes for our K-5 students, filling the 4-5 pm time slot Monday-Thursday. Registrations will be done through the BOCES website only at www.subletteboces.com.
The BOCES building is currently being renovated. Due to these renovations, all of our youth classes Monday-Wednesday will be held at the Pinedale Aquatic Center until our classrooms are completed. Classes will be offered by the following categories:
- Mondays- STEM
- Tuesdays- You Choose Tuesdays
- Wednesdays- Arts, Crafts & Life Skills
- Thursdays- Cultural Discovery at the Sublette County Library.
Tuesday classes will consist of the ever popular You Choose Tuesday offering. Again, registration for these classes will be through the BOCES website NOT 4-H. You Choose Tuesday Classes will change monthly, and registration will need to be completed each month.
Thursdays throughout the year we will be holding our classes at the Sublette County Library. The activity bus will drop students off there from the elementary school and parents should plan on picking-up their students at the library as well on Thursdays.
While classes are being held at the PAC, youth class participants will need to meet all of the PAC’s requirements by having each parent sign a Youth Permission Waiver and read the PAC Area Rules. Drop off and pick up will be at PAC until notice is given that classes will be back at the BOCES building. All questions should be directed to Kaidi Raney at 307-367-6873 or email@example.com .
BOCES will also need parents to fill out forms for Emergency Pick Up and Field Trips (when directed), as well as read the BOCES Youth Class Handbook. All forms and the handbook are available at the BOCES building 665 N Tyler in Pinedale.
Thank you for giving Sublette BOCES the opportunity to work with your children!
TITLE: Early Childhood Educator
REPORTS TO: Director of Early Childhood Education Program at BOCES
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience in Early Childhood Education, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent is preferred.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Rate of pay $15/hour or more depending on experience, limited benefits. At-Will Employment Position. 195 days/ year. Full-time.
JOB SUMMARY: The Early Childhood Educator collaborates closely with all other members of the program team to provide nurturing care and education to young children in a group setting, under the supervision of the Early Care and Education Director; in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the center and the philosophy and policies of the agency.
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children.
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and positive child behavior management techniques
- Shares in the responsibility for planning, preparing and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
- Participates fully and consistently as a conscientious team member in caring for the children and in the overall operation of the program and center; maintains regular and open communication with program team members and all other co-workers
- Establishes and maintains regular communication with parents
- Ensures the program operates at all times in compliance with all child care licensing standards
- Must know and implement: Center routines and practices
- Observes and records relevant information on each child’s progress as required/as per Center practices
- Attends and participates actively in all program/center, parental or other meetings as required
- Shares responsibility for maintaining program equipment in good repair; assists with toy/equipment disinfecting
- Shares responsibility for maintaining the play environments and storage areas in an organized and clutter-free condition
- Participates in regular fire drills and other emergency procedures
- Engages in positive collaboration with the other programs and early childhood educators
- Participates in ongoing professional development and attends/maintains all mandatory training
- Participates in the supervision, training and mentoring of students
- Assists the Center Director in maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by promptly reporting any existing and/or potential workplace hazards
- Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Center Director or her/his designate
The Job Application can be found on our website: www.subletteboces.com under “forms” following the Quicklink, or picked up in the office at 665 N. Tyler.
Please submit resume, application, questionnaire, 2 letters of recommendation and 3 references to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or mail or drop applications off to:
665 N. Tyler St.
P.O. Box 977
Pinedale, WY 82941
Open until filled.
Sublette BOCES – Early Childhood Education Director
Position Announcement – Also available on www.subletteboces.com
TITLE: Early Childhood Education Director, full-time (220 day contract after initial program development), benefits.
To provide day-to-day management of program and staff short term and long range planning for service delivery and training; act as an integrator of components (including but not limited to health, nutrition, disability), function as a liaison and information conduit between classrooms, community partners and administration.
Experience in Early Childhood Education, certifications and/or degree in field are a plus, progressively responsible professional experience which demonstrates significant supervisory and administrative responsibilities, and a strong knowledge of theories and practices of Early Childhood Education/Development.
- Knowledge of the NAEYC Accreditation process preferred.
- Experience balancing regulatory requirements with budget constraints and growing community needs.
- Experience in design and delivery of training.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including database, word processing, spreadsheets, internet, etc.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with the ability to manage changing situations and priorities.
- Must have a valid Wyoming Driver’s License and proof of insurance and have access to transportation.
- Employment is conditional pending immediate enrollment in Child Care Division – Criminal History Registry
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Rate of pay Salary $35,200/yr. ($20/hr.), full-time (220 day contract after initial program development), benefits.
At-Will Employment Position
Applications can be found on our website www.subletteboces.com under “Forms” in the Quick Links section of the site or picked up at the Sublette BOCES office at 665 N. Tyler Ave. in Pinedale.
Please submit resume, application, questionnaire, 2 letters of recommendation and 3 references to email@example.com, by mail to PO Box 977, Pinedale WY 82941, or at the Sublette BOCES office at 665 N. Tyler Ave. in Pinedale.
Deadline for submission is June 15th, 2015 @ 5:00 PM M.S.T.